Welcome to Bubbles in the Brain.
My name is Ella and I have endometriosis. That’s pretty much what this blog is about. I want other people who has this disease to have somewhere to go to read tips and tricks on dealing with this illness, to learn about new options, or just to know that someone else feels their pain.
If you want to learn about some endo basics, check out these posts:
- A Beginner’s Guide to Endometriosis
- Wacky Poop and Painful Wee: What Endo can do to Your Body
- The Hidden Cost of Endometriosis
- 10 Myths About Endometriosis and What You Should Believe Instead
- Hormones, Drugs and Implants, Oh My! Non-surgical Treatments for Endometriosis
- Surgical Options: What You Need to Know
If you’d like to see some tips and tricks for navigating life with endometriosis, let me suggest:
- 14 Little Things to Make Life Better
- Self-Care for When You Don’t Care
- What to Expect at Your Gynaecologist
- Empowering Yourself, Controlling Your Health: Advocating for Yourself in a Broken System
- Surviving Surgery
- Exercising with Endo
- Beating Endo Belly: Dietary Approaches to Managing Endo Symptoms
- Two Sizes Bigger in Two Hours: Dressing for Endo Without Compromising Style
- Working Through It
- 9 Tips for Tolerable Sex When Everything Hurts
I also write a lot about some of the side-effects of endo, such as constipation, UTIs and thrush, and how to maintain a positive outlook despite the fairly crushing psychological effects of being chronically ill.
I post semi-regular updates on my own condition, but if you’d like a bit of a summary, read my story here.
I’m really keen to get some guest posts or post exchanges going, so if you have a fresh perspective to offer or a different experience to mine that you’d like to write about I’d be really keen to hear from you! It doesn’t have to be about endometriosis – related issues such as PCOS, adenomyosis, fertility or any other womb-related things are all topics I’m keen to have published here. You can contact my facebook page, Bubbles on the Brain, leave a comment, or write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope you enjoy the site!