My theme for April is consistency. Ironically, I really, really struggled with consistency throughout the whole month. Pain, illness and depression really kicked my bottom and I didn’t even write my quotes on a daily basis and had to do a big catch-up at the end of the month.
I think that just goes to show how hard consistency is for the chronically ill. Consistency is so important in developing habits, building fitness, creating a reputation as a reliable person, even constantly practising self-care – all things that are just that much harder when you have an unpredictable and uncontrollable illness. However, consistently trying is still important. And there are other things we can practice consistently – kindness, courtesy, positivity, etc. It’s really important to remember that our consistent things don’t have to be big – small things done consistently are more important than doing occasional big things in terms of building good habits and good health (insofar as is possible).
As always, I may not agree with every single aspect of these quotes, but by and large I think they have important things to say.
My apologies for the amount of unattributed quotes. Not a lot of people have cool things to say about consistency, apparently.
If you are wondering about the post image, that was what came up when I typed “keep trying” into a stock image generator, so that’s what we’ve got.
- “We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.” – Richard G Scott
- “Consistent action creates consistent results.” – Christine Kane
- “We all have to start somewhere, and doing something is better than doing nothing at all. Start small so you don’t get discouraged and give up. Remember it is all about consistency.” – Khloe Kardashian
- “Relationships feed on credibility, honesty and consistency.” – Scott Borchetta
- “True consistency, that of the prudent and wise, is to act in conformity with circumstances and not to act always in the same way under a change of circumstances.” – John C Colhoun
- “When you’re so consistent, people have to stand up and take notice. I don’t think people recognise or praise consistency enough.” – Katie Taylor
- “For me, integrity is the consistency of words and actions.” – Kenneth Chenault
- “I pray to be like the ocean, with soft currents, maybe waves at times. More and more, I want the consistency rather than the highs and lows.” – Drew Barrymore
- “Like anything worth doing in life, happiness takes time and patience and consistency.” – Mark Manson
- “I think what children need is love, security, stability, consistency, and kindness.” – Rosie O’Donnell
- “A jug fills drop by drop.” – Buddha
- “”Quality is appreciated. Consistency is honoured. Consistency in quality is loved.” – Amal Gade
- “Trust is built with consistency.” – Lincoln Chafee
- “Long-term consistency trumps short-term intensity.” – Bruce Lee
- “Small disciplines repeated with consistency every day lead to great achievements gained slowly over time.” – John Maxwell
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Unknown
- “Extremes are easy. Strive for balance.” – Colin Wright
- “You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” – John C Maxwell
- “Consistency is harder when no one is clapping for you. You must clap for yourself during those times. You should always be your biggest fan.” – Unknown
- “I didn’t come this far to only come this far.” – Mick Kremling (possibly)
- “Don’t stop until you’re proud.” – Unknown
- “Always be persistent in your pursuits. Consistency shows value in whatever you’re after.” – overlyxclusive
- “By being consistent with your efforts, you will find that things will start to change in what will appear to be subtle ways because we are less likely to take notice of things when they no longer challenge us.” – Jenny Stanley-Matthews
- “Your intuitive sense of what feels right or doesn’t feel right will remain consistent for a longer period of time and will far outlast the consistency of your emotional feelings.” – Sidney C Walker
- “don’t expect immediate recognition after you have made positive changes. There has to be consistency in your behaviour and performance over time. Don’t think that by reading a book and changing some of your behaviours that tomorrow will bring you recognition or a promotion.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “The body loves routine. Try to eat, sleep, and so on at the same times every day in order for the body to function at its optimum efficiency. The body loves consistency.” – Theresa Hearn Haynes
- “Strive for progress, not perfection.” – Unknown
- “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” – Anthony Robbins
- “Compromise, communication and consistency are needed in all relationships, not just romantic ones.” – Alex Elle
- “If you are persistent, you will get it. If you are consistent, you will keep it.” – Unknown
So, that’s another month of quotes for you. May is going to be all about persistence, which sounds like the same thing but isn’t. Hope you’ll stick around to read all about it.